Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

Forum Upgrade

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Sitewide User FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat Cat
Site Admin
Site Admin

User's Age: (47)

PostPosted: Sun, May 16 2004, 10:36 pm    Post subject: Forum Upgrade Reply with quote

I think I am going to make an upgrade to the forum software from version 2.0.6 to 2.0.8 in the near future. I will be starting the change some time next week. I will give you 24 hours notice and the forum will probably be down for about 1-2 hours. My plan is to do it sometime after 11pm eastern time.

I am going to do this in an attempt to fix a couple of the nagging issues that I haven't been able to fix and to incorporate the security fixes that the software designers have included in the most recent 2 releases.

The Mad Polack
Black Swamp Soda Works
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fat Cat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2004, 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum is going to be down tonight 5-19 at 11:00 pm for hopefully no more than 15-20 minutes. This is unrelated to the upgrade. I am going to try to replace some messages that were accidentally deleted. If my test works I will post another message about a longer outage.

The Mad Polack
Black Swamp Soda Works
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
river1
Earl

User's Age: (53)

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2004, 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Cat wrote:
The forum is going to be down tonight 5-19 at 11:00 pm for hopefully no more than 15-20 minutes.

20 MINUTES!!!! Shocked

how are we suppose to cope without the RRT for 20 whole minutes. i'm going to need therapy. Rolling Eyes

keep up the good work fatcat

later jim
old32
Craftsman

User's Age: (70)

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2004, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Cat wrote:
The forum is going to be down tonight 5-19 at 11:00 pm for hopefully no more than 15-20 minutes.

Can't you do it at a sensible time?
Don't you realise thats in the middle of the day down here, just when I want to read all your posts?
But then I suppose, by the time I've made a coffee you will be back on line.

Keep up the good work mate.

Fat Cat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2004, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

old32 wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:

Can't you do it at a sensible time?
Don't you realise thats in the middle of the day down here, just when I want to read all your posts?
But then I suppose, by the time I've made a coffee you will be back on line.

Keep up the good work mate.

I can do it at a much later time but you will have to come up here and get my daughter off to school about 8 hours after the time I suggested. Wink your choice. Wink Smile

The Mad Polack
Black Swamp Soda Works
old32
Craftsman

User's Age: (70)

PostPosted: Fri, May 21 2004, 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow Hell thats that cold white stuff isn't it?

We are into the start of winter and still on water restrictions, not suposed to wash the car or hose down the drive even.

HotRodLadyCrusr
Baron

User's Age: N/A

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2004, 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Fat Cat my hero, you messin with my "abilities" here? Confused I can answer posts but I've tried to post a new topic twice within the last couple of days and it doesn't show up. Whats going on??? Shocked

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.
purplepickup

User's Age: (68)

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2004, 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotRodLadyCrusr wrote:
I've tried to post a new topic twice within the last couple of days and it doesn't show up. Whats going on??? Shocked

Denise, I went into your profile and then clicked on "Find all posts by HotRodLadyCrusr". I clicked on the one that didn't show up and now it should show up. I don't know if Fat Cat knows why some posts don't show up or not, but when that happens, it shows up if you click on it in your profile.

HotRodLadyCrusr
Baron

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2004, 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thats strange Confused Thanks for clicking on it for me, I can see it now. I thought I posted it a couple of days ago then I'm second guessing myself thinking that maybe cuz I'm getting old I just thought I posted it but I really didn't, then today, when I posted it and it didn't show up I thought maybe mine and Big Sexy's little playing around with the backdoor RRT stuff when I was there for the trailer build did something to my abilities to post here.

Well, seems there is alittle glitch but theres a way around it. Thanks for your help.

KustomLincolnLady
Nobleman

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2004, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotRodLadyCrusr wrote:
I thought maybe mine and Big Sexy's little playing around with the backdoor RRT stuff when I was there for the trailer build did something to my abilities to post here.

WHAT!! Shocked I think that was just a little to much Information!!!! Laughing
Debb
HotRodLadyCrusr
Baron

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2004, 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your mind outta the gutter girlie, he was just showing me how some of the forum admin stuff works Laughing Wink

What were YOU thinking??? Shocked

KustomLincolnLady
Nobleman

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2004, 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotRodLadyCrusr wrote:
Get your mind outta the gutter girlie, he was just showing me how some of the forum admin stuff works Laughing Wink

What were YOU thinking??? Shocked

LOL, yeah thats what I was thinking Confused ha ha
Fat Cat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2004, 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplepickup wrote:
I don't know if Fat Cat knows why some posts don't show up or not, but when that happens, it shows up if you click on it in your profile.

No I don't know why it is happening. The next time someone posts a message and it does not appear. Please send me an email or a PM to let me know it didn't show. I want to look at something in the database to see what it looks like. If you use the procedure that George explained it will show right away but I won't be able to diagnose the issue. So drop me a note and let me look into it.

The Mad Polack
Black Swamp Soda Works
av8
Knight Regular

User's Age: (79)

PostPosted: Thu, May 27 2004, 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Cat wrote:
purplepickup wrote:
I don't know if Fat Cat knows why some posts don't show up or not, but when that happens, it shows up if you click on it in your profile.

No I don't know why it is happening. . . So drop me a note and let me look into it.

So, I guess my wondering why the RRT won't remember me from visit to visit is really small potatoes. It really isn't a biggie, I mean I don't have to re-register or anything like that, but it usta sign me in automatically when I called up the board. Not stressin', just wonderin'.
Fat Cat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu, May 27 2004, 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

av8 wrote:
So, I guess my wondering why the RRT won't remember me from visit to visit is really small potatoes. It really isn't a biggie, I mean I don't have to re-register or anything like that, but it usta sign me in automatically when I called up the board. Not stressin', just wonderin'.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=153

The Mad Polack
Black Swamp Soda Works
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Sitewide User FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: