Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

edelbrock 600 vs holley 600vac for 671 blown sbc

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franky
Craftsman

User's Age: (88)

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 12:15 am    Post subject: edelbrock 600 vs holley 600vac for 671 blown sbc Reply with quote

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has used E-carbs on a blower,if so is there much difference performance wise......... looking for tempory set up until the efi is sorted out, it seems holleys are tried and proven. Just after peoples thoughts
Cheers Franky

CHEERS Fireman Franky
rumrumm
Baron

User's Age: (67)

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: edelbrock 600 vs holley 600vac for 671 blown sbc Reply with quote

I had a 355 sbc with a 144 B&M blower in my previous street rod. I could not make my 750 Holley perform like I wanted and switched over to a 750 Edelbrock. It was much more street friendly. I don't think you would have any problems as long as you don't tromp on it hard. You sure don't want to go lean on hard acceleration with a blower.

"There's no 12-step program for stupid."

http://photo.net/photos/Lynn%20Johanson
e83w
Villein

User's Age: (58)

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an Edlebrock on my blown V-6 and on the dyno it was running out of fuel at 4000 rpm due to the power valve in the carb closing. I went to an actual blower carb (Holley) with the boost reference in it. It is way to scary thinking about leaning out a blown engine.
The Holley seems all good now, but I am back to the dyno once the snow is all gone from here in Canada. We will see if it was really worth the extra outlay of cash.

Russ

Franky
Craftsman

User's Age: (88)

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am concerned about leaning out as well, I spoke to Edelbrock tech guys and the web site gives you a pretty good base to start with, 2x 600's have run street setup 440's.... so I'm thinking the 355 will have plenty of fuel to still give her a run down the quarter.

CHEERS Fireman Franky
1FATGMC
Baron

User's Age: (73)

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franky wrote:
Yeah I am concerned about leaning out as well, I spoke to Edelbrock tech guys and the web site gives you a pretty good base to start with, 2x 600's have run street setup 440's.... so I'm thinking the 355 will have plenty of fuel to still give her a run down the quarter.

You might not want to spend any more money, but Innovate's wide band O2 sensor and data logging might save you a bunch. We use one to monitor the air/fuel on Hooley's b'ville Stude and I feel it has saved us a motor.

It can also be set up to data log rpm, boost, egt, throttle position and more. Once you have something like this you will always have one. Hooley is setting it up on his new drag car also. It is easy to move from car to car for tuning.

c ya,

Sum

1FATGMC
bigdude
Junior Knight

User's Age: (68)

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 23 2007, 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franky wrote:

I am running 2-500 edelbrocks on mine I have 2-600 holleys I took off because of the richness it was running.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: