Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

Head bolt torquing tech

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Tech Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowtietillidie
Craftsman

User's Age: (74)

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14 2007, 9:35 pm    Post subject: Head bolt torquing tech Reply with quote

When you torque head bolts or any bolt that it is recommended to do in several steps. You some times get that sinking feeling did I torque that bolt or not ????
Here is a quick way to keep track of how many steps you have taken and if every bolt has been torqued . Start your torque sequence after each bolt is torqued mark it with a piece of soap stone. Example: If you are torquing in three steps when you are done every bolt will have three marks
I have a rubber band around my torque that holds a piece of soap stone . This way I never have to hunt for that dam soap stone

Here is a quickie Windshield washer spray nozzle plugged. Take the rubber hose off of the back of the nozzle work it on to the spray side of the nozzle. Use a can of penetrating oil (wd or Gibs) put the little straw in the
nozzle shove the rubber hose over the straw turn the can up side down
press the nozzle . The propellent will clear the windshield spray nozzle
This doesn't always work but it is always worth a try

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Tech Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: