Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

A Thank You ......

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UGLY OLDS
Earl

User's Age: N/A

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 10 2017, 11:44 am    Post subject: A Thank You ...... Reply with quote

Hey Folks ....Just wanted to say THANKS to all the veterans out there for your service & sacrifice ... A Toast

Bob..... Wink

***** First Member of Team Smart*****
kb426
Paladin

User's Age: (64)

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 10 2017, 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with Bob! Thank you!
58 Yeoman
Baron

User's Age: (67)

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 10 2017, 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! Cool

We had bought a new 4 slice toaster at Menards back in March. It died a couple days ago; we hardly use it, mostly on Sundays. We returned it to Menard's and they gave us another just like it. Literally. Brand new, it was just as bad as the other one. We got a refund and went to Bed Bath & Beyond and found a different brand, and got a 25% Veteran's discount. Hope it works better than the other.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1958 Chevy Yeoman
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie

Phil
Harry
Knight Regular

User's Age: (80)

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 10 2017, 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58 Yeoman wrote:
Thanks, guys! Cool

We had bought a new 4 slice toaster at Menards back in March. It died a couple days ago; we hardly use it, mostly on Sundays. We returned it to Menard's and they gave us another just like it. Literally. Brand new, it was just as bad as the other one. We got a refund and went to Bed Bath & Beyond and found a different brand, and got a 25% Veteran's discount. Hope it works better than the other.

Check the wattage? when buying a new toaster. Some are so low they barely heat the bread.
58 Yeoman
Baron

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 11 2017, 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1500 watts on the new one. Old one worked fine for 8 months. New one (and later old one) burned toast on one side and nothing on the other.

Back on topic. We saw our first bald eagle this season near here. They come down here for the winter where the waters aren't frozen. Very fitting to see the first bald eagle of the season on Veteran's Day.

1958 Chevy Yeoman
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie

Phil
Charlie Chops 1940
Earl

User's Age: (74)

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 11 2017, 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for recognizing those who served. Outside of the veteran family it seemed a long time coming, especially to those who served in the mostly unpopular Vietnam business.

I had free lunch at Red Robin today and got a 10% discount at Lowes on the way home.

Charlie
Staff Sgt, USAF

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!
kb426
Paladin

User's Age: (64)

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 12 2017, 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie, I have a basic understanding of government function and some knowledge of human nature. Almost all of my friends were drafted for Viet Nam. Why the public choose to show displeasure to the servicemen instead of the government was a bit of a mystery to me. I guess we shot the messenger comes to mind. Sad
58 Yeoman
Baron

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 12 2017, 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the two years that I was in the Army, I never once had anyone give me a hard time where ever I went. Going through the airports, I got smiles and waves, never any yelling or gestures. When I came back from VN through Washington state in 71, it was still the same. Back then, I never travelled in fatigues, always a dress uniform, and I was only a Spec 4. Maybe it was all over by then?

1958 Chevy Yeoman
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie

Phil
enjenjo
Site Admin
Site Admin

User's Age: (70)

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 12 2017, 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never experienced any disrespect either, and I got out in 71, but a lot of guys were screwed up mentally, and health wise, and never received any support from the people or the government. A lot of people were haunted by this for the rest of their lives.
Arnold
Nobleman

User's Age: (62)

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 12 2017, 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58 Yeoman wrote:
1500 watts on the new one. Old one worked fine for 8 months. New one (and later old one) burned toast on one side and nothing on the other.

Back on topic. We saw our first bald eagle this season near here. They come down here for the winter where the waters aren't frozen. Very fitting to see the first bald eagle of the season on Veteran's Day.

I went to our Rememberance Day service as usual.
I have never even heard of any disrespect for those in the service here in Canada..

Toasters..I bought one of those stupid expensive toasters years ago..BECAUSE it was on sale a lot. I never would have believed there was any difference in toasters.

Many years ago I saw a bald eagle up here..(a good 100 miles North of Toronto on the shores of Georgian Bay.).in the middle of winter.
Since then..not really all that uncommon (as far as myself and many others are concerned) They must eat other than fish? although I have seen a few bald eagles right beside still running rivers near here..although Kingfishers seem to find fish in the few still running streams up here.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: