Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

Need Rust Prevention Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chimp koose
Baron

User's Age: (54)

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 24 2015, 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that they use the fluid film spray for rust coating . That stuff sure clings to stuff . I am just about to start cleaning off the underside of the T coupe and plan to POR 15 it on all surfaces of the inner structure that holds the body together . I am also considering riveting the floor to that same frame so that the coating is not burned off by welding in the floor panels . I will likely por 15 the entire inside of the body as well . I will try to dribble the stuff in between the seams of the body too . Obviously this will not be driven in winter but I want to ensure that it does not rust again . I am fortunate that this vehicle has been in a barn or my garage for the last 30 years and the body was still on wheels when I got it so never sat in the dirt .The car was repainted once and still has half or more of the body still painted .
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: