Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

F1 door handles

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inprimer
Craftsman

User's Age: (70)

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 29 2012, 12:24 am    Post subject: F1 door handles Reply with quote

Been working on my F1 and staring at how outside door handles are removed, the handles sag , as most do, my question is what can I anticipate in finding parts etc, havent been able find any info. I haven't started to tear them apart yet looking for some input TIA ....... Very Happy IP
enjenjo
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2012, 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember seeing this before, you have probably taken care of it by now. Any way, if it's all working like it should, but the handles still sag, you can twist the shaft on the handle so it sets level, and get a lot more use out of them.
Inprimer
Craftsman

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 01 2014, 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjenjo wrote:
I don't remember seeing this before, you have probably taken care of it by now. Any way, if it's all working like it should, but the handles still sag, you can twist the shaft on the handle so it sets level, and get a lot more use out of them.
update.. I bought 2 new door handles for my F1, there is a small coil spring on the shaft just behind the handle, apparently the spring weakens and does not allow the handle to return to the horizontal position. I know this sounds trivial but I noticed that at east 50% of the F 1 door handles sag and hopefuuly it might help somepne
39deluxe
Nobleman

User's Age: (69)

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 05 2014, 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen some pretty nice cars with sagging handles. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Tom
phat46
Earl

User's Age: (64)

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 05 2014, 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in an old Motors Manual that my Dad had years ago when I was a kid that if your door handles sagged to switch them side to side. Never tried it and don't know why I remember that 50 years later.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: