Radiator tech
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Rodding Roundtable -> Tech Archive

#1: Radiator tech Author: e83wLocation: Calgary AB PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:45 am
    —
Just a small tip that may help when fitting a new rad in your ride. I used some of that compressed pink colored foam board to get me rad size. Take two pieces and glue them together to give the right thickness and cut to fit in your ride. Then when you go to the rad shop you have a mock up for them to build what you need and there will be no need for you to make modifications to your ride to get another rad fit. You can glue on mounts with a glue gun and stick the inlet and outlet right into the foam to make sure you get it right the first time.

Russ

#2:  Author: roosterLocation: ST LOUIS,MO. PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:54 am
    —
Great idea! I like it Very Happy

#3:  Author: Charlie Chops 1940Location: Muskegon, MI PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:56 am
    —
Great idea.

When I sized the radiator for my track roadster I made a template out of a piece of 1/4" plywood and used a Sharpie to define the upper and lower tanks and where the drain and hose pipes went.

The hardest part was getting the radiator guy to not put any of his paint on the radiator. That stuff has got to be the foulest paint ever created....

Charlie

#4:  Author: enjenjoLocation: Swanton, Ohio PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:58 am
    —
I'll have to remember that, it sounds better than my method, I make a radiator of corrugated paper. I'll try that next time. Just one question, will blue foam work? Laughing

On another note, after I have the new radiator, and am doing the final fitting, I tape a piece of cardboard on the front and rear of the core, it saves dinging the fins.

#5:  Author: e83wLocation: Calgary AB PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 11:05 am
    —
The blue foam should work, but the pink stuff is a lot denser. Will take a bunch more abuse and is about the same cost wise
Russ

#6:  Author: enjenjoLocation: Swanton, Ohio PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 11:25 am
    —
Quote:
Just one question, will blue foam work?

My attempt at a joke.

#7:  Author: e83wLocation: Calgary AB PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 11:32 am
    —
Ok, you got me Embarassed

I guess I have to be a little sharper in the morning.

Russ

#8:  Author: CrosleyLocation: Aridzona PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 8:31 pm
    —
enjenjo wrote:

My attempt at a joke.

heck , I thought that was fatcat??

#9:  Author: enjenjoLocation: Swanton, Ohio PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 8:54 pm
    —
That was a joke on his mother. Laughing

#10:  Author: river1Location: peoria az PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 9:31 pm
    —
enjenjo wrote:
Just one question, will blue foam work? Laughing

i think a guy who mows his lawn naked Shocked and drives a pink car, you shouldn't have to worry about the color of your foam Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

later jim

#11:  Author: CrosleyLocation: Aridzona PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:05 pm
    —
10 yrs or so a friend built a card shape of the radiator he wanted a local shop Ron Davis radiators to build.

it was in full shape and size 3D shape.

#12:  Author: CrosleyLocation: Aridzona PostPosted: Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:26 pm
    —
10 yrs or so a friend built a cardboard shape of the radiator he wanted a local shop Ron Davis radiators to build.

it was in full shape and size 3D shape.

Rodding Roundtable -> Tech Archive

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1