Wiring diagram help needed
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Rodding Roundtable -> Rodder's Roundtable

#1: Wiring diagram help needed Author: kb426Location: Kansas PostPosted: Mon, Feb 12 2018, 6:00 pm
    —
I bought a 2013 chevy sonic gauge cluster to try and use for future projects. I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for it. Does anybody have access to something that could label the 9 wires feeding into it? Thank you.

#2:  Author: enjenjoLocation: Swanton, Ohio PostPosted: Mon, Feb 12 2018, 9:08 pm
    —
As I understand it, that gauge cluster has stepper motors to move the needles, and requires a computer interface to make them work. I understand it can be done with a Raspberry Pi, but have no idea how it's done.

#3:  Author: kb426Location: Kansas PostPosted: Mon, Feb 12 2018, 9:22 pm
    —
I wondered about this. The sonic is canbus also. I haven't gotten educated much about that. I went to ebay to buy a wiring manual and found $300 ones. I paid $18 for the cluster so if I can't make it work, it's not a large loss. Smile

#4:  Author: enjenjoLocation: Swanton, Ohio PostPosted: Mon, Feb 12 2018, 9:57 pm
    —
I would suggest calling Classic instruments. If any one has figured it out it will be them.

I have a couple ideas about figuring out which wire is which. But my question are they switching the ground or the power?

#5:  Author: kb426Location: Kansas PostPosted: Mon, Feb 12 2018, 10:02 pm
    —
I researched the Raspberry Pi a little bit. They sell modules to drive stepper motors as well as many other things. I'm intrigued somewhat. I think I'll call Classic. They can surely tell me if this is a really bad idea. Smile Thank you.

#6:  Author: wayne pettyLocation: cal. PostPosted: Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:57 pm
    —
Pin 16 is ground..

pin 31 is switched ignition positive power 10 A fused.

Pin 32 is battery /memory power.. 10 A fused

Pin 26 is bidirectional data stream.. i don't know if that is low or high..

Pin 25 turns on the check engine light LED. i can't tell if this is a pull to ground.. probably..

-----

Pin 11 is the ground side of the ambient air temp sensor.

Pin 12 is the current limited side of the ambient air temp sensor.. works like a ECT sensor.

-----

Pin 9 is the Ground for the set and Menu buttons circuits.

Pin 10 is the Set buttons... with resistors . 604 Ohms, 1020 Ohm, 1910 Ohms, 5360 Ohms.

Pin 11 is a switch for the menu button..

this is not much. and it won't get more than a wake up signal from the cluster.

Rodding Roundtable -> Rodder's Roundtable

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1