Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

rectangular avatars

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Sitewide User FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Normspeed
Craftsman

User's Age: (69)

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2006, 11:50 pm    Post subject: rectangular avatars Reply with quote

I noticed that with some recent board upgrades, seems like any avatar I try ends up getting stretched into a square when it displays. The image gets stretched outta shape too. Seems like rectanglular ones used to display in their normal scale. Is there a trick to using a non-square pic for an avatar and not getting it stretched to fit?
Fat Cat
Site Admin
Site Admin

User's Age: (47)

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 10 2006, 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: rectangular avatars Reply with quote

Normspeed wrote:
I noticed that with some recent board upgrades, seems like any avatar I try ends up getting stretched into a square when it displays. The image gets stretched outta shape too. Seems like rectanglular ones used to display in their normal scale. Is there a trick to using a non-square pic for an avatar and not getting it stretched to fit?

Actually that is a side effect of one of the upgrades. There had been some issue with the offsite hosted avatars. There were a few that were so big that were full screen width. So the short answer is that a rectangular avatar will get stretched or shrunk to 80x80.

The Mad Polack
Black Swamp Soda Works
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Sitewide User FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: